AlterNet

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
AlterNet

This is supposed to act as a personal database/collection for links to certain topics, but feel free to join and discuss. Predominant languages spoken include English, German, Spanish, Dutch etc.

Wiener wasserburg projekt - planning the creation of a commune on international waters in the danube

Mclovin
    Mclovin
    Admin

Wiener wasserburg projekt - planning the creation of a commune on international waters in the danube Empty Wiener wasserburg projekt - planning the creation of a commune on international waters in the danube

Post by Mclovin Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:15 pm

This is the "Maria Stolz 0.5" a proud vessel, with which I set out to prove, that the Danube is international waters. This is an EU border. It is another Union within Europe "The Danubecomission" and Austria signed contracts with both of them with the EU on land and earlier with the Danube Comission on water since 1948...., to prove this I have a small hemp "plantation" which I will transport from Slovakia to Bavaria. And the Austrian authorities, the coast guard (Stromaufsicht) and police are forbidden by Article 27 of the Belgrader Abkommen to search cargo. They can come onbard, check if I'm drunk, if my engines pass inspection etc. but they cannot search/inspect any cargo.

Even if the state encompasses both shores of the danube they are only allowed to demand a document detailing the cargo if they suspect illegal freight, they can't inspect the cargo, they are not allowed to delay the vessel and they are generally not allowed to mess with shipping. This means that humans of all nationalites e.g. refugees, people facing deportation or, like me, EU refugees who want to leave the EU have a place available for them on the danube. They could get some type of buoyant raft, this could effectively turn out to be a "Wiener Wasserburg".

A "Wasserburg", a floating village comprised of rafts and boats, flying different flags, trading with each other. This would be an opportunity to experiment for trying new regimes, new currencies. We don't have to trade in Euro since it is a tax/duty free zone too. As long as nothing is brought on land there is no duty to be paid (nothing to be declared). One can build breweries, "coffee shops" (Marihuana), like me, and above all, it would be a safe refugee camp visible from the UN building in Vienna.

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 11:16 am