AlterNet

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
AlterNet

This is supposed to act as a personal database/collection for links to certain topics, but feel free to join and discuss. Predominant languages spoken include English, German, Spanish, Dutch etc.

Quotes (zitate)!

Mclovin
    Mclovin
    Admin

Quotes (zitate)! Empty Quotes (zitate)!

Post by Mclovin Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:46 am

Start a thread of quotes I find to be endearing and awesome^^

"An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind." Mahatma Gandhi

"The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter." Winston Churchill

"You begins aving the world one man at a time; all else is grandiose romanticism or politics" Bukowski

"Growth for the sake of growth is the ideology of a cancer cell" Edward Abbey

"Es ist kein zeichen geistiger gesundheit, gut angepasst an eine kranke gesellschaft zu sein" Anonym
    Mclovin
    Mclovin
    Admin

Quotes (zitate)! Empty Re: Quotes (zitate)!

Post by Mclovin Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:04 pm

"Past a certain point, all the dates grow hazy and confused, and the clarity of history becomes the fog of legend."
    Mclovin
    Mclovin
    Admin

Post by Mclovin Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:46 am

"Anarchism, then, really stands for the liberation of the human mind from the dominion of religion; the liberation of the human body from the dominion of property; liberation from the shackles and restraint of government. Anarchism stands for a social order based on the free grouping of individuals for the purpose of producing real social wealth; an order that will guarantee to every human being free access to the earth and full enjoyment of the necessities of life, according to individual desires, tastes, and inclinations" Emma Goldman
    Mclovin
    Mclovin
    Admin

Post by Mclovin Thu May 01, 2014 11:30 am

"The world as we have created it is a process of our thinking. It cannot be changed without changing our thinking.” Albert Einstein
    Mclovin
    Mclovin
    Admin

Post by Mclovin Tue May 06, 2014 4:36 pm

"No matter how much knowledge and wisdom you acquire during your life, not one jot will be passed on to your children by genetic means. Each new generation starts from scratch" - Richard Dawkins
    Mclovin
    Mclovin
    Admin

Post by Mclovin Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:07 pm

Quotes (zitate)! 10441509_845772958777050_1175689457808068207_n
    Mclovin
    Mclovin
    Admin

Post by Mclovin Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:08 pm

Quotes (zitate)! 10154429_845126432175036_1083582407117659473_n
    Mclovin
    Mclovin
    Admin

Post by Mclovin Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:15 pm

"And me? I still believe in paradise. But now at least I know it's not some place you can look for. Because it's not where you go. It's how you feel for a moment in your life when you're a part of something. And if you find that moment... It lasts forever"
    Richard ("the beach" novel/film)

"When you develop an infatuation for someone you always find a reason to believe that this is exactly the person for you. It doesn't need to be a good reason. Taking photographs of the night sky, for example. Now, in the long run, that's just the kind of dumb, irritating habit that would cause you to split up. But in the haze of infatuation, it's just what you've been searching for all these years."

"Trust me, it's paradise. This is where the hungry come to feed. For mine is a generation that circles the globe and searches for something we haven't tried before. So never refuse an invitation, never resist the unfamiliar, never fail to be polite and never outstay the welcome. Just keep your mind open and suck in the experience. And if it hurts, you know what? It's probably worth it."

Mclovin
    Mclovin
    Admin

Post by Mclovin Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:08 pm

Quotes (zitate)! 1524680_10152258591883842_8976252729593140014_n
    Mclovin
    Mclovin
    Admin

Post by Mclovin Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:35 pm

"I’m sorry, but I don’t want to be an emperor. That’s not my business. I don’t want to rule or conquer anyone. I should like to help everyone - if possible - Jew, Gentile - black man - white. We all want to help one another. Human beings are like that. We want to live by each other’s happiness - not by each other’s misery. We don’t want to hate and despise one another. In this world there is room for everyone. And the good earth is rich and can provide for everyone. The way of life can be free and beautiful, but we have lost the way.

Greed has poisoned men’s souls, has barricaded the world with hate, has goose-stepped us into misery and bloodshed. We have developed speed, but we have shut ourselves in. Machinery that gives abundance has left us in want. Our knowledge has made us cynical. Our cleverness, hard and unkind. We think too much and feel too little. More than machinery we need humanity. More than cleverness we need kindness and gentleness. Without these qualities, life will be violent and all will be lost....

The aeroplane and the radio have brought us closer together. The very nature of these inventions cries out for the goodness in men - cries out for universal brotherhood - for the unity of us all. Even now my voice is reaching millions throughout the world - millions of despairing men, women, and little children - victims of a system that makes men torture and imprison innocent people.

To those who can hear me, I say - do not despair. The misery that is now upon us is but the passing of greed - the bitterness of men who fear the way of human progress. The hate of men will pass, and dictators die, and the power they took from the people will return to the people. And so long as men die, liberty will never perish. .....

Soldiers! don’t give yourselves to brutes - men who despise you - enslave you - who regiment your lives - tell you what to do - what to think and what to feel! Who drill you - diet you - treat you like cattle, use you as cannon fodder. Don’t give yourselves to these unnatural men - machine men with machine minds and machine hearts! You are not machines! You are not cattle! You are men! You have the love of humanity in your hearts! You don’t hate! Only the unloved hate - the unloved and the unnatural! Soldiers! Don’t fight for slavery! Fight for liberty!

In the 17th Chapter of St Luke it is written: “the Kingdom of God is within man” - not one man nor a group of men, but in all men! In you! You, the people have the power - the power to create machines. The power to create happiness! You, the people, have the power to make this life free and beautiful, to make this life a wonderful adventure.

Then - in the name of democracy - let us use that power - let us all unite. Let us fight for a new world - a decent world that will give men a chance to work - that will give youth a future and old age a security. By the promise of these things, brutes have risen to power. But they lie! They do not fulfil that promise. They never will!

Dictators free themselves but they enslave the people! Now let us fight to fulfil that promise! Let us fight to free the world - to do away with national barriers - to do away with greed, with hate and intolerance. Let us fight for a world of reason, a world where science and progress will lead to all men’s happiness. Soldiers! in the name of democracy, let us all unite!" Charlie Chaplin

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 11:31 am